This live on-demand training course is designed for new entrants to the industry who require an overview of the securities lending transaction and process involved in execution.
After this one day course attendees will:
- Understand the global securities lending market structure and legal framework
- Recognise the participants, roles and responsibilities within the securities lending market
- Understand the process around standard market transactions including trading, settlement and trade management
- Have an overview of current regulation and challenges
Who should attend
This course is designed for new entrants to the industry who require an overview of the transaction and processes involved in securities lending. It is also, useful for subsidiary roles who may by encountering the processes for the first time or who need to re-visit the activity.
- Interns and new market participants
- Legal teams
- Audit teams
- Compliance teams
- IT service providers
- Project managers/change management
Overview of agenda
During the day the course will cover
- Defining securities lending: understand what securities lending is and how it fits in the wider financial markets
- Overview of the market place: see up to date market data to understand the size and shape of the market
- Describing market participants and their roles: who is involved and why
- Consider the legal framework: understand the standard market legal structure and the key elements within the agreement
- Follow the process of a transaction from execution to close out: how a trade is executed, settled and managed through-out its life-cycle
- Consideration of collateral selection: what factors should be considered when defining collateral criteria
- Collateral process: what is the daily collateralisation process
- Current regulation framework and future state: what are the key current and known future regulations impacting securities lending
Cancellation charges – training courses
- 8 – 2 weeks before the course: 100% refund
- 2 – 1 weeks before the course: 75% refund
- 1 week to 3 days before the course: 50% refund
- Less than 48 hours before the course: no refund
If you are unable to attend the course you are booked on, you may substitute, by prior arrangement and after notifying us, someone else from your organisation.
If you are unable to attend, and cannot or do not wish to give the place to someone in your organisation, we may accept the fee paid as payment towards a place on the same or another course that takes place within 2 months following the original booked event. Bookings can only be transferred once.
Please note that full payment is required for non-attendance on a booking.
If you have any further questions about our cancellation policy then contact us.
@ 08.00 GMT (Online)
@ 17.00 GMT (Online)