This live on-line training course is designed for anyone who needs to know the background, structure and obligations of Corporate Events in the Securities finance industry.
After this one day course attendees will:
- Understand how corporate events work in secondary markets
- Recognise the most common forms of corporate events
- See how participation in securities finance changes the management process
- Appreciate the obligations and requirements of counterparties in securities finance
- Acknowledge the challenges in corporate events for securities finance
- See how Corporate events are treated under SFTR
Delivered by an experienced market practitioner this intensive 3 hour course will enable attendees to fully understand how corporate actions are managed in securities finance and the legal structure behind them.
The course will finish with an open ended Q&A session.
Who should attend
- Operational teams new to Corporate actions
- Regulatory reporting teams
- Data Management teams
- Audit teams
- IT service providers
- Project Manager/change management
Overview of agenda
During the day the course will cover
- Defining corporate actions in the secondary markets
- Review of the most common forms of corporate actions
- Legal structure underpinning corporate actions in securities finance
- Process flows for managing corporate events whilst assets are on loan
- When things go wrong….
- Developments and reporting requirements for corporate events
Cancellation charges – training courses
- 8 – 2 weeks before the course: 100% refund
- 2 – 1 weeks before the course: 75% refund
- 1 week to 3 days before the course: 50% refund
- Less than 48 hours before the course: no refund
If you are unable to attend the course you are booked on, you may substitute, by prior arrangement and after notifying us, someone else from your organisation.
If you are unable to attend, and cannot or do not wish to give the place to someone in your organisation, we may accept the fee paid as payment towards a place on the same or another course that takes place within 2 months following the original booked event. Bookings can only be transferred once.
Please note that full payment is required for non-attendance on a booking.
If you have any further questions about our cancellation policy then contact us.
Currently no upcoming courses, please check back soon.