17:00 (GMT) - 27/11/2020 ( )
Non-Cash Collateral Fundamentals
This live on-line training course is delivered by an experienced market practitioner and designed for anyone who needs to understand non-cash collateral purpose, process and requirements. This seminar focuses on securities lending industry but draws comparisons with OTC derivative market IM processes.
After this three-hour seminar attendees will:
- Understand the core requirements and behaviours on non-cash collateral
- Appreciate the differences in non-cash collateral across OTC derivative and securities lending markets
- Calculate margin requirements for securities lending
- Follow the daily processes for managing collateral
- Have a knowledge of default process requirements
The course will finish with an open ended Q&A session
Who should attend:
- New members of collateral management teams
- Legal and Compliance
- Regulatory reporting teams
- Data Management teams
- IT Support teams
- Audit teams
- IT Service Providers
- Project Manager/Change Management
The seminar will cover the following topics
Definition and Purpose
- What is collateral and why do we need it?
- What makes good collateral?
- Title transfer versus pledge
- How is margin calculated in securities lending
- Comparison to OTC derivatives
- Mark to market process
- Daily margin calls
- Lifecycle events in non-cash collateral
- What is a triparty Collateral Manager
- Why do we need them
- How do they work
- Restoring your positions after a counterparty defaults
- Engaging with an administrator – calculations
- Stay Protocols
Cancellation charges – training courses
- 8 – 2 weeks before the course: 100% refund
- 2 – 1 weeks before the course: 75% refund
- 1 week to 3 days before the course: 50% refund
- Less than 48 hours before the course: no refund
If you are unable to attend the course you are booked on, you may substitute, by prior arrangement and after notifying us, someone else from your organisation.
If you are unable to attend, and cannot or do not wish to give the place to someone in your organisation, we may accept the fee paid as payment towards a place on the same or another course that takes place within 2 months following the original booked event. Bookings can only be transferred once.
Please note that full payment is required for non-attendance on a booking.
If you have any further questions about our cancellation policy then contact us.
BOOK COURSECourse Type: ONLINE
Course Date: 17:00 (GMT) - 27/11/2020
Price : £240 (inclusive of VAT at 20%)